Tag Archives: fashion
Rapid-fire opportunity for any Aussie pals: The Lane, a high-end online fashion directory and all-services-provided bridal website, is hiring interns in the following departments, applications due March 10:
-Photography / Graphic Design
– Public Relations / Branding
– Creative Writing / Styling
– Website Management / Creative Content Assistants
Gary Pepper Girl, the blog of model/stylist/Renaissance-woman-extraordinaire Nicole Warne, is one of those high-end fashion blogs I only occasionally check into because her life makes me unhappy with mine and my life is actually full of good things. Having said that, I do love the colors and the lady is amazing.
Ann Street Studio is one of my favorite photography blogs, chronicling mostly the world of high-end fashion and photography in New York City. The photoshoots embody the essence of elegance and as a bonus, often drip with color. Below are a few snapshots from a recent favorite.
Craving this gorgeous two-tone jacket. A hunt for it has been started but no hits yet…chime in if you know where it’s from!
If it seems like most of my favorite design destinations are Australian, well that’s because they are. Manon bis is wildly out of my price range but has goods that are so perfect that it almost hurts (in only good ways). They have gorgeous items from craftsmen and design lines all over the world, from Mongolia to Italy. From the website – “Since opening its doors in 2004, Manon bis has become the destination for the latest international collections of designer fashion, accessories, heavenly fragrance, homewares and European antiques.” This time, however, it was some of their apparel that drew me in.
I’ve always had mixed feelings about Gap in the same way I do about every luxury retail brand (as in, is it really necessary to make or sell clothes that cost over $100? What body image are you selling? Are you contributing to the same desperate frenetic cycle of “more is better” and there is one right way to live that 99% of the companies in the U.S. seem to be marketing?)
Regardless, Gap’s latest TV commercials are lovely – this one features Alexa Ray Joel sings her version of father Billy Joel’s classic, “Just the Way You Are.”
Then BradsDeals.com is looking for you! We want to add a detail-oriented and reliable Online Deal Shopper with a passion for online shopping and deal hunting.
Do have a passion for shopping? Do you love finding the BEST deals, and sharing them with family and friends? Are you up for the challenge of discovering what millions of readers want to buy?
This position includes:
* Working closely with the editorial team to find and publish specific deals and products
* Analyzing sales data and running price comparisons on a wide variety of consumer items
* Providing insight into sales trends using historical and current data
* Working with our merchant relations team to secure exclusive offers from retailers for our readers
* A passion for finding a great deal and helping people save money
* A knack for online shopping and consumer behavior
* A keen awareness of popular trends, products and brands on everything from apparel to technology
* Dependable, detail-oriented and highly organized
* Ability to produce accurate copy in BradsDeals tone and self-edit in a fast-paced publishing environment.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative
* Internet and computer savvy, including basic HTML and creating URLs
* Ability to work responsibly both independently and as a team player
* A 3-day training session in our Chicago office is required
Previous writing, marketing, or retail experience is a plus but not essential.
The job is entrepreneurial and evolving in a flexible and easygoing environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) will be provided. The company has a large, fun and friendly office space in the city. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.
See here for job posting