Food52, my favorite food website, is hiring! Of their open positions, these two stick out (both in New York City):
Head of Publicity and Events
In this role, you will help our company grow by expanding our media coverage and helping people learn about Food52 and Provisions. You’ll create a strategy for telling our story across tech, advertising, food and lifestyle media, and you’ll work directly with co-founder Amanda Hesser to execute this plan. You’ll also come up with a slate of events that will engage our community and draw in new followers. This role requires an uncommon blend of creativity, exceptional communication skills, networking savvy, and a passion for details. We see it as vital to the future of our brand.
Read more and apply
Food52, a fast-growing, James Beard Award-winning online food community and crowd-sourced and curated recipe hub, is currently interviewing full- and part-time unpaid interns to work in a small team of editors, executives, and developers in its New York City headquarters. This will involve plenty of writing and editing, good but not necessarily healthy food, unruly behind-the-scenes website functions, a deepening relationship with your laptop, and coffee. We’re currently accepting applications for fall interns.
Read more and apply
Another job added to my Creative Job Listing! Want to work at a museum in San Francisco? Of course you do. The Exploratorium is hiring a Museum Store Supervisor (and a salesperson, if you’re more into that).
This isn’t quite the usual job I post, but it is a very amazing one so here it is. One of my college friends works for The American Press Institute in Washington, and they are hiring!
The American Press Institute is looking for a senior research project manager to run an ambitious new program that will advance the cause of journalism that fact-checks campaign rhetoric and political discourse in general.
The manager and the program will involve and be aided by other API staff, but the manager should assume primary responsibility for coordinating and executing the fact-checking program.
TVLine is looking for an intern to work at our New York office. Strong writing skills, an affinity for social media and a deep and abiding passion for TV are required. The position is unpaid, but college credit is available. Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Boundless Project Administrator -Boundless/Focus on the Family is hiring!
If you have a bachelor’s in marketing, business or something related to communications (or equivalent experience), check it out!
Both have been added to the jobs page
Then BradsDeals.com is looking for you! We want to add a detail-oriented and reliable Online Deal Shopper with a passion for online shopping and deal hunting.
Do have a passion for shopping? Do you love finding the BEST deals, and sharing them with family and friends? Are you up for the challenge of discovering what millions of readers want to buy?
This position includes:
* Working closely with the editorial team to find and publish specific deals and products
* Analyzing sales data and running price comparisons on a wide variety of consumer items
* Providing insight into sales trends using historical and current data
* Working with our merchant relations team to secure exclusive offers from retailers for our readers
* A passion for finding a great deal and helping people save money
* A knack for online shopping and consumer behavior
* A keen awareness of popular trends, products and brands on everything from apparel to technology
* Dependable, detail-oriented and highly organized
* Ability to produce accurate copy in BradsDeals tone and self-edit in a fast-paced publishing environment.
* Ability to prioritize tasks and take initiative
* Internet and computer savvy, including basic HTML and creating URLs
* Ability to work responsibly both independently and as a team player
* A 3-day training session in our Chicago office is required
Previous writing, marketing, or retail experience is a plus but not essential.
The job is entrepreneurial and evolving in a flexible and easygoing environment but requires top-tier work and dedication. The pay is competitive and benefits (health, dental, vision, 401k, etc.) will be provided. The company has a large, fun and friendly office space in the city. The option of working from home, virtually, may be possible at times.
See here for job posting