The Blue Dress, Ken Howard
- UST as my fingers on these keys
- Make music, so the self-same sounds
- On my spirit make a music, too.
- Music is feeling, then, not sound;
- And thus it is that what I feel,
- Here in this room, desiring you,
- Thinking of your blue-shadowed silk,
- Is music.
-from Peter Quince at the Clavier, Wallace Stevens
Tagged: art, blue, blue box, contemporary art, Irish painter, Ken Howard artist, ken howard painting, love poem, love poetry, music, music is feeling then not sound, painting, Peter Quince at the Clavier, Peter Quince at the Clavier poem, piano, piano keyes, piano poem, poetry, portrait woman watercolor, portrait young woman, reflective, reflective painting, the blue dress ken howard, Wallace Stevens, Wallace Stevens poem, watercolor, watercolour