The Blue Dress, Ken Howard
- UST as my fingers on these keys
- Make music, so the self-same sounds
- On my spirit make a music, too.
- Music is feeling, then, not sound;
- And thus it is that what I feel,
- Here in this room, desiring you,
- Thinking of your blue-shadowed silk,
- Is music.
-from Peter Quince at the Clavier, Wallace Stevens
by contemporary LA-based artist Scott David Laufer
Artist Zaria Forman, Soft Pastel on paper
I have a weakness for impressionistic paintings of female figures (see my previous highlight of Msistlav Pavlov), and contemporary Russian romantic painter Andrew Atroshenko hits all of my affinities. The explosions of color, the emphasis on light and movement in the foreground and a background of deep, bold, muted earthen tones…just gorgeous. See more work here.
“Passion of Music”“Ballerina”
“Into the Light”