Disney POC princesses rt dmolech
Oh the Books did a wonderful periodic table of Sci-Fi YA reads.
Trailer for BBC’s new epic 8-part miniseries Poldark starring Aidan Turner and based on the novels by Winston Grahm. Ross Poldark returns from the War to his beloved Cornwall to find his world in ruins.
In this Cinderella-esque tale, scrappy, stubborn Makino Tsukushi (Inoue Mao) is one of only a handful of students at her elite boarding school who doesn’t come from a wealthy family. Having gained entrance through hard work and superb grades, she finds herself hating both the school and her new classmates. When Makino steps up for a fellow student who’s being bullied, she earns that attention – and ire – of the school’s reigning king, Domyouji Tsukasa, the hot-tempered, arrogant leader of four boys known collectivley as the F4 who rule the school. Makino isn’t about to bow to them, and so sparks a long chain of events in which each of the boys go through a process of self-awakening, and sparks begin to fly between Makino and Domyouji…
An enduring classic and arguably the most famous Japanese drama ever, this is considered by many to be the best adaptation of the Hana Yori Dango manga, though the personal favorite of many is the Taiwanese adaptation Meteor Garden. Continue reading
1. Go see The Last Five Years instead. It’s an unabashed romance starring the adorable Anna Kendrick and Jeremy Jordan who can sing. Without having seen either, 10,000 times more romantic than Fifty Shades.
2. Gaze at your wife, girlfriend, or significant other, and ponder how you have not, in fact, ever slapped her, threatened her, or tied her down in order to have sex with her.
3. Go on a freaking picnic. Find a nice hill where you can talk to your significant other as if though she’s an emancipated human being who can walk upright and has a brain and a heart.
4. Read these Fifty Shades of Grey quotes – handily put on posters of the film by The 6th Siren for your amusement and edification – for all the E.L. James you’ll ever need.
5. Realize that the stars of Fifty Shades of Grey actually don’t like each other. “The most glaring problem with the press blitz—currently several months underway, though the film will not be released for another two weeks—is also the most damning for the upcoming film: Simply put, romantic leads Dakota Johnson and Jamie Dornan do not like each other. They dislike other things as well—the press; sex; the film in which they are starring—but it is clear their distaste for each other is the most keenly felt of all.” The Disastrous Fifty Shades of Grey Press Tour
Aloha has the most all-star cast of delicious people I’ve seen in a long time: Bradley Cooper, Emma Stone, Bill Murray, Rachel McAdams, John Krasinksi And a rom-com of another stripe…
The Man From U.N.C.L.E. 60’s spy caper starring Henry Cavill
Mostly a dull episode until that final, fantastic twist. Also, this episode really showcased the show’s gorgeous color palette, particularly with the muted brows and reds of the brownstone and the black and blue of Joan and Sherlock’s wardrobes.
I was pretty disappointed in Emma Approved when the web series first aired, but one of the best tangential things about it was stars Brent Bailey and Joanna Sotomura falling in love offscreen. By the end of filming the two were boyfriend and girlfriend. The below unscripted video is clearly from early on in their relationship but is full of quippy, loose exchanges that showcase their easy, visible chemistry. It’s adorbs.